What I use
Lot of times I do get asked what am I using for my dev environment. Shout out to Wes Bos for the idea for this page, it will contain the pieces of software or hardware that I use most often.
I change up things fairly often, so this page will serve as a living document and a place to point curious developers to when I get asked.
- Visual Studio code is my current editor
- For terminal I use Zsh including Oh My Zsh with bira theme.
- Also using Powershell 7 for Windows.
- I use Nebula Theme on my VS Code editor with Fira Code font.
- I also really love the Synthwave 84 theme for VS Code.
- Github Copilot : Really nice AI assisted code suggestions.
- Prettier : Format and beautify code.
- GitLens : Working with GIT has never been more easy.
- React Snippets : Makes my life easier when working with react, has really useful snippets to use and makes development faster.
- Angular Snippets : I have done a good amount of Angular2+ coding and this extension does help in creating faster components.
- Live Server : Very useful tool, feels like should be now baked into VSCode by default.
- Pug Beautify : Prettier doesnt really work that great with Pug code, and this extension helps in mainting Pug code.
- Auto Rename Tag : Helps me rename tags automatically as the name suggests
- I use Firefox as my default browser, do use Chrome from time to time.
- Spotify for music streaming.
- Krita to edit images or re-touch them.
- I tend to use Figma for prototyping have tried Adobe XD before.
- I use Discord and Zoom as a messenger and to stay connected.
- Postman, API client.
- KDE Connect, enables to connect my phone with my laptop.